"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Another week gone by..

Well, things didn't slow down at the orphanage for the rest of the week. We worked very full days without any breaks. It has been quite overwhelming, and I know that it is not our own strength we have been running on. Thank you for praying for us - I honestly think I can feel the power of prayer behind me. Yesterday I felt so worn out, I wanted to just collapse and sleep, but God kept me going! We had a good bible study tuesday night which I found very encouraging in this situation. We talked about how it is important to bring everything to God in prayer as well as to rejoice and praise God in EVERY circumstance. Small little example for you:) Yesterday when the day was coming to an end at the orphanage, one of the babies (and im not kidding) had a poop explosion! hahaha. I know it sounds funny, but at the time I was not impressed. It was so nasty and happened to be everywhere, including on me! It was hard enough to keep myself from vommitting. Being human, my first reaction was me not being very impressed at all, it made me want to be grumpy. But for some odd reason, the bible study came to my mind and I thought "Praise God you are healthy and not constipated"! ha ha ha, gotta look for the joy in everything right? Just thought I would share that short little story with you, hehe. Anyways, 'Me' Ma Danke (the lady in living in the baby room) is back today, so we are really excited about that. She is absolutely great with the children and she works so hard. What a wondeful lady she is! This coming week, since she is back, I will need to get back into the storage rooom as there is still much to do and things are piling up.

Last night, Wendy (the teacher we live with) had some of her IB students over for a movie/fun night. Annie and I really enjoyed this because the ages were 18-22 so we got along really well and got to meet som Basotho people our age. It was a lot of fun! I really enjoy getting in with people of the culture, they are so great.

Blessings,
Michelle

No comments: