"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One step forward, two steps back..






Hello everyone. Well I'll start off this note with saying "God is good and he does answer prayer". Even its just in the smallest ways. After our day of fasting/prayer I think many of us felt God working a little extra in our own lives and we did see small improvement in the leadership at the center. I won't go into too much detail, but lets just say communication wihin the leadership moved up a step - and the responses to situations seemed more positive than they have in the past. We were all very encouraged to hear about these positive things taking place. Then, shortly after it seems as though MIS fell right back into that rut - maybe even a little deeper down. There are many problems right now with the teenagers at the center, things going on there that should not be happening, and the board having to work together to figure out the right way to deal with these situations. Do pray for the board, that they can work together and make the right decisions. I can't imagine it being easy to run a center of over 100 children of all ages. I don't really know what else to say about everything that is going on at MIS, but please pray that issues can be resolved and that everyone can work together and not against one another. The young mothers that got kicked out a while back are still staying somewhere temporarily, but do need jobs and a place to stay soon. It's crazy how difficult it is to get a job here. It now makes sense why so many young people are on the streets. Its sad. Hopefully these ladies can find jobs soon, so then can support themselves and their children.

On another note, I can hardly believe I only have less tan 2 months left! Time is going so fast! I just want to take all our babies home. I'm going to miss them soo much.. I feel like such a horrible person leaving them, just like everyone else leaves them. But I do need to remind myself that God put me here and I am doing what I can while I can, and hopefully I have been able to make a difference in being here. HAPPY NEWS - Our moms an my cousin are coming to visit in July!!! How exciting is that?? We cant wait to introduce them to all the kids and show them what we've been doing the past 4 months.

Well I guess I'll cut this one for today, Until next time!

P.S. Just in case you are curious about the one picture, we've had a volunteer come and build the kids a small play area and they love it!

No comments: