"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back to Work!

Well we just got back sunday night from a small trip with the girls to the east coast and have been quite busy since. The trip was good, it was nice to just take some time to relax and enjoy each other. This week is going by really fast so far as things have been busy. I am still working on sorting through donations and cleaning up the storage room. It is very time consuming, but it needs to be done. I seem to be doing less and less in the preschool now as more things are coming up, but I still try to spend time in the afternoon each day playing with the kids. It's pretty cute, I come walking in and they all start chanting my name in excitement, makes me feel pretty special:) I love these kids, they are all so precious! I have been working more in the baby room lately as well. We are trying to give the basotho ladies some time off during the day while we are there, so they can rest. They live there and take care of the babies 24/7 and its important that they rest emotionally and physically. It's great, they now come in singing in the morning they are so much happier!

A couple of the babies haven't been feeling too well lately and are eating less and vomitting. One of the younger babies cries alot right now because she has scabies, so it itches and bothers her. Its so sad, because there is not much we can do for her. We can't put the cream on because her sores are open, so we are now getting an antibiotic to give to her 3 times daily. Hopefully she will get better and that the scabies won't spread too much. These babies are full of sores and stink because they poo everywhere (and its nasty), and sometimes for a split second i start to think "what am i doing here?" .. then i see them smile and laugh and everything else just disappears. All that I can see is a beautiful baby just longing for TLC like any other child. Each of these children are unique and precious in the eyes of God and I have to remember to continually look at these kids through Jesus' eyes and let him be my hands and my heart. When I come in the room in the morning and little Roma smiles at me with that big grin of his, my heart can't help but melt..

A few prayer requests for you:
+ baby boitumelo (petrie)- her scabies and other infections
+ the health of the couple sick babies
+ pray for a cook, as the full-time cook quit
+ pray our health - I got ringworm last week and I am treating it, it is slowly starting to go away. It's so easy to catch things like this working at the orphanage, so if you can pray for continual health for the staff.
+ continue to pray for adoptions to open in Lesotho

Thanks for your prayers and support. God bless.
With Love, Michelle

No comments: