"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Monday, February 18, 2008

Baby Bokang

Hello all. I just wanted to leave a little post to fill you in on the most recent news we got today.. The newest baby(Bokang)that was about 3 weeks old died this weekend. He is the little baby I am holding in my most recent blog. There were some issues with the mother and she was staying at the orphanage taking care of him (well when she was around). He had some pretty bad thresh in his mouth and had a hard time eating. We were given a cream from the clinic to help. You usually had to help him out when he was eating - or he would not eat. He died from dehrydration because he did not drink enough milk. Turns out the mother did not feed him during the night and if he did not want his bottle, she would not keep trying. I don't think the mother was in a clear mental state either and didn't know how to be a mother. It's sad and I wish I could have done something about it, but we didn't know it was that bad.. we thought he had been eating. It's hard to even know what to say. These people are used to death like this, it almost seems as it is a normal occurence. I don't think the baby's death even affected the mother much, we really think something is wrong with her. I guess only God knows. Anyways, if you can, maybe pray for this young lady. She is still living at the orphanage. Also pray for the other children and their health as well.

2 comments:

KPetrie said...

Wow..that's so sad..so sorry you have to deal with this. I'm sure baby's 3 weeks on earth were a little more enjoyable because he met you..

Anonymous said...

awww thats sad, and very hard to see im sure. i will pray for her and pray for you as well:)