"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A little insight..

So today I am meeting up with a lady from my church, who is a Registered Social Worker. I figured before I make any final decisions, I would like to hear what being in the field of social work is like from an insider's point of view. If I am going to commit time and money to school I want to be as sure as possible that this is the direction I want to go.. I am looking forward to hearing more about it and coming to a final decision. I had been thinking about going to school in Southern BC.. but with a lot of thought, I decided I just don't know if I can be that far away from home at this point. Well I know I can be as I've lived in Africa for 6 months, but with the choice of schools.. I would like to be closer to home. If after this meeting, I still feel very positive about going to school, I will be applying at Grant MacEwen in Edmonton for this coming Fall. Fingers crossed!

No comments: