"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Life's Carousel

I try so hard not to let stress over-come me, but there are definitely days the bottle-cap bursts. It feels like I've been sitting on carousel for months. Just when it seems I "might" be getting somewhere, back around i go, and the cycle continues. It's been a tough year, not only for me, but for many of us! I'm sure a lot of you can relate to my carousel. It's like I can't get ahead or even just back to where i used to be.

Here's the jist. The job I started last month is good, i like it - only problem is my hours recently got cut. I'm on the hunt again!! Job searching in Grande Prairie is NOT like it was 3 years ago when i moved here! It's tough forsure since I'm not the only one handing out resumes, I'm sure these employers actually looking for employees get tons of resumes in one day. I'm still not sure where I'm heading career-wise, but in the meantime I am trying to figure that out. I think the whole stressful part of this situation is not knowing this and having to be a little less independent.. I like knowing i can take of myself without anyone's help, but its been a tough year and I haven't always been able to do things by myself. Thats hard, definitely cuts the pride down!! (this is where i feel like im just going in circles on a carousel).

But on a positive note, how true is it that God ALWAYS provides, he has continued to take care of me to my last penny. I've definitely been challeneged to trust God, and its not easy. We all like to take care of ourselves.. "do it ourselves". Maybe its good that God is showing some of us that we need him more than we think. In the past few years, we've rarely had to depend on God, but some of us have definitely come to the point of learning to depend on Him. And thats where we need to be encouraged (not stressed!), he IS taking care of us :)

No comments: