"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taking Steps

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin." - Ivan Turgenev

So I've decided to take some initiative to figuring out which direction I want to go. I need to stop only dreaming and procrastinating and actually try something! If I'm not willing to try something I'm basically giving up before i start. (Although with last year's deciding not to go for social work - i still feel i made the right decision). Here's the jyst! I've registered for a photography course starting next month to see if maybe I want to pursue my hobby a little more seriously. I'm nervous and excited at the same time, can't wait to learn more! I've also been interested in possibly going into elementry teaching, i used to always want to be a teacher as a kid, but when i got older the four years of schooling scared me!! So to see if this is really something i may be interested, I've been looking into volunteering in a classroom at an elementry school once a week, hopefully helping kids read and assisting the teacher, ect. I hope it works out and that I can get the "classroom feel" and see if it may be something i see myself doing. I love kids and I want to be able to help them, but I think Social Work may have been a little too intense for me, this may be something more along my lines, or even becoming a teacher assist if i dont feel i want to lead a whole class. I really dont know! But thats why I'm diggin into things a little deeper to see where i fit :) Just thought I'd give you an update on that!

Like quoted at the top of my page, why should i just wait around until things "happen", i need to make things happen! So thats what I'm doin :)

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I'm glad you are getting the ball rolling! It is really too easy to sit back and just be happy with the way things are instead of taking that step out there - whichever direction it may be in! I hope and pray that you can find your 'place' in life :)