"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The little baby girl I will never forget...

Hello again friends and family. Monday was a very difficult for me and I'm not sure how to express what I've experienced.. Our newest baby girl who arrived about a month ago, has passed away. It's scarey how quickly life can be taken away, especially here in Lesotho. She was only 2.5 months old and the most precious thing in the world. My heart is broken, but God is holding the pieces together reminding me that she is with him - in a much better place. Mavis performed the funeral/burial today, it was only about 30 minutes long because it was an infant and she didn't have any family around. Different than home, thats forsure. I will miss that little baby's smile.. I wanted to express myself to you in a poem, to share my feelings in this experience.

The pink baby is gone now
and I'm at loss for words...
It hurts so much
and yet she wasn't even my own.
She was so special to me,
and just holding her each day was the best thing in the world.
Her beautiful eyes -
so oblivious to the world around her.
The way she grasped my finger,
the way she smiled and coo'd
everytime I looked at her...
Her little heart pumping so fast
She was so strong
...yet not strong enough
A part of me wants to scream
Why God? Why have you taken her?
But at the same time
joy is present...
because I know she is in daddy's arms
And what a better place to be
than in the presence of our God?
Life is different here...
to them it's almost normal,
death is normal.
It's difficult to comprehend
as we've been more than blessed
Thoughts are scattered
throughout my head and my heart
What else can I say,
but rest in peace little baby
You were loved...

Thank-you for all your support, i will see you again soon!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

that is so sad - you made me cry girl! and yet you are right - how lucky that she never had to suffer all the terrible things of this world - she met you and was loved.. now she is running around in heaven - playing with all of God's other little angels! how hard to see that hardly anyone cares or will remember that precious little girl, here every life lost we care and cry over - such a different world! My prayers are with you, as it cannot be easy, God has brought you through these circumstances for a reason! love you