"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson

Friday, November 14, 2008

Feeling the exhaustion..

It's been a while since I've left a new post so it's about time I write another..

Pics from Pumpkin Carving last month






So life definitely hasn't slowed down for me here! It's funny, I take the entire weekend to recoperate and get rested (if i get the chance) and it only takes one full day and I slip right back into exhaustion. I am ALWAYS tired! I know I bring it on myself working so much, so I really can't complain.. but I do what I gotta do out here!

We finished up our 4 week series with the junior youth on wednesday which went really well. Not only were we mentoring/teaching the kids.. I think we were teaching ourselves in the process. I'm trying so hard to think about things in a "30 day" persective.. it's really not so easy as we get so caught up in things always looking ahead and planning or worrying about the future, that we don't just enjoy each day God has given us. I find for myself I am often way too focused on the future, always anticipating SOMETHING! Not that anticipating is bad, but it keeps me from living out today - if you catch my drift.. I guess the challenge for myself is to focus more on each day as it comes, enjoying it to the fullest, than constantly doing or planning everything in regards to the future. A big one for me :)

I went home last weekend to see Sylvia, Wilma and Lizzy one last time before they head back to Lesotho. It was good, but I really don't like good-byes.. I will miss them so much! But they are where they are for a reason, and all this is obviously a part of God's plan for them :)

The weather has been so moody here lately! Snow, freezing rain, sun, wind - take your pic. It's really not all that fun for driving, but welcome to Northern Alberta!

Whats next for me.. in all honesty, I still have NO CLUE where to go from here.. sometimes I get a little stressed about it all, but this is (as I mentioned) where I need to start taking things one day at a time and stop worrying so much about the future. Things will happen as they should in the right timing! TODAY MICHELLE, TODAY:)

That's all for now..

No comments: